OUR CONSCIOUS NATION
To Be Better For Our Planet And People
"Since launching P.E Nation five years ago, sustainable and respectful practices have been a passion and priority for us. We're learning and changing to improve as we go - this journey will always be evolving and we're excited to see where it takes us. Our Focus: Better for our Planet. Better for all People."
- Pip Edwards and Claire Tregoning, P.E Nation Co-Founders & Creative Directors
A holistic approach to responsible practices across our business is our MO.
Here are just some of our improvements and partnerships to date:
- 83% of our Active fabrics feature recycled or regenerated materials.
- We use 100% Organic Cotton across 96% of our products.
- Our Baseline Collection Grand Stand Sports Bras and Leggings are all made from 76% recycled polyester, which comes from recycled plastic products such as water bottles. Our classic Ramp Run Puffer Jacket is made from 100% recycled polyester.
- Our Menswear Collection features T-shirts made from an organic cotton (70%) and hemp (30%) blend fabrication. The Menswear Extension Vest is made from 100% Recycled Polyester. The Interval Short - a lightweight performance layer - is produced using 92% recycled polyester.
BEST PRACTICE & ETHICAL SOURCING
- We're proud members of Sedex, a leading global ethical trade membership organisation, who assist businesses like us to improve working conditions in supply chains around the world.
- We are also founding members of the Ethical Trading Initiative, which works to help companies trade ethically, and make a positive impact on workers’ lives across the globe. Their Base Code has stipulations including (1) Employment is freely chosen; (2) Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected; (3) Working conditions are safe and hygienic; (4) Child labour shall not be used; (5) Living wages are paid, and more.
- We're partners with i=Change, so for every purchase made at pe-nation.com, $1 is donated to charity. It's a simple and powerful way for online retailers like us to give back by donating $1 from every sale towards life-changing projects. Small acts amount to big change, with P.E Nation customers helping i=Change to raise more than AUD $4.3 million to date, for a wide range of charities.
- We change our i=Change charity partnerships from time to time to help share the love as much as possible. Our current three include Thread Together, Protect The Reef, and Seabin Project.