SENIOR ACTIVEWEAR DESIGNER
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Designer who has a focused interest in functional performance-based apparel and how it intersects with modern culture. Someone who loves product and design and who can bring their unique creativity, craft & functional design-based problem-solving skills to P.E Nation.
As our Senior Activewear Designer, you will utilise your outstanding design skills to create original, innovative designs that accurately reflect P.E Nation’s design philosophies and lead the industry. Through consumer connection you will identify key trends, that translate into meaningful products that resonate with our consumers across Sport, Street and Fashion.
You have a distinct talent for responding to business objectives with creative design solutions that are aligned to consumer insights. Bringing to life the seasonal category creative direction through apparel design with solutions that are fuelled by athlete/consumer insights. Additionally, a passion for innovation, performance apparel & sport, but not compromising aesthetics & great design.
We are looking for someone who is curious, inquisitive, and motivated to discover new methods of make. You’ll need strong communication skills with teammates across the organisation, including expert listening, collaborative problem solving and deep emotional intelligence. The role demands big picture thinking, with regards to product relevance, product positioning, timing and collections. You’ll need to constantly demonstrate process proficiency through best practices, visualisation and communication of ideas.
Your key responsibilities include:
As our Senior Activewear designer you will lead & design functional apparel with the support of direction given from design leads. You’ll execute all product details including construction detail, form, style, fit, performance, trims, etc. You will apply your design skills to create original, innovative ideas and products that appropriately reflect P.E Nation’s design philosophy. At times, you will present internally and externally, with mentorship from leadership. Producing presentation materials that optimally communicate the concept behind the line. This role will require you to build awareness of current trends,colour, and sports-related products through market research to stay ahead of consumer needs.
You will monitor the development of prototype & SMS samples and interact with other product creation colleagues: Garment Tech’s, Material and Product Developers, external field testing to exchange ideas and ensure timely completion of each project. You'll build awareness of current trends, colour, technology and sports related products through research. In addition, you'll provide design support throughout each season and gain valuable insights into all parts of the product creation as part of the process.
You are someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Fashion Design
- Minimum of 6 years in Apparel Design, specifically Activewear/Swim based experience
- Outstanding ability to apply and perform foundational design skills, including hand drawing/sketching, illustrations
- Familiarity with current trends, colour and design
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, concept ideation, colour theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Basic understanding of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit, garment construction, and manufacturing
- Comprehensive understanding of textile construction, and knowledgeable in fabric structures, with an emphasis in functional activewear fabrics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to execute sophisticated initiatives and build new insights
- Strong knowledge of cross team collaboration
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing, high growth environment and to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
- Embody the passion to work on innovation and style
Diversity is a fundamental part of the P.E Nation brand. We respect and are inspired by the many cultures throughout Australia. As a company, our objective is to create a dynamic culture and an environment that celebrates diversity, equality, and inclusion, by offering a positive experience, safe space and meaningful connection for all employees, applicants, and customers.